Total Access Detective Version 9.0 Update for Microsoft Access 2000
FMS no longer provides new updates for Total Access Detective 2000,
version 9.0. We strongly recommend that you
For those who do not upgrade to version 9.5, this patch is
(Posted September 28, 2005)
This update is available free of charge to
registered owners of Total Access Detective 2000, version 9.0. The
existing version must already be installed.
New 9.7 Version
The current version of Total Access Detective 2000 is
version 9.7, which includes many new features and
Version 9.7 is available for free to premium support
subscribers. Non-subscribers can upgrade
This update includes the following bug fixes and enhancements:
- Resolves all known issues in previous versions of the product.
- Includes a new report to show a list of selected objects.
- Has improved performance for comparison of linked tables.
Important Note about Comparing Linked Tables
When comparing table properties for linked tables,
Total Access Detective compares the tables in the
back end database (where the tables are linked from)
rather than in the front end database (where
Detective is running). This significantly
increases performance, however if the field
properties have been changed in the front end
database, Total Access Detective will not detect
In addition to this update patch, we have released a major update for Total
Access Detective 2000. Version 9.5 is available to current Total Access
Detective owners for a small upgrade fee, and introduces many new features
and enhancements, including:
Object and Database Comparison
- When viewing data comparison results, you can now combine
the data into a new table and specify which table’s records to
- Data Comparison results can be filtered by difference type
to show only a subset of data.
- Access Data Projects (ADP and ADE files) can be compared.
These new reports are available:
Database Comparison Summary:
Provides an overview of the difference between two databases.
Data Differences Summary: For each keyed table with data
differences, shows the number of new vs. modified records, and a
list of non-keyed tables with data differences.
To learn more about
the latest version of Total Access Detective, visit
the main Total Access
Detective web page.
Version 9.02.0017 includes the fixes and enhancements made in prior
updates for the product.
Version 9.02.0011 includes the following enhancements:
Object and Database Comparison
- Total Access Detective finds differences in Conditional
Formatting properties. Conditional formatting allows you to
format the contents of a control in a form or report based on
one or more conditions.
- Total Access Detective finds differences in capitalization
in table data and in object properties.
- Updated help file is provided.
- Object comparison results can be exported to a table in a
- Object Difference comparison results can be filtered by
object and property.
- Previous versions of Total Access Detective did not support
comparison of password-protected databases. This version
supports comparison of tables, queries, modules, and data access
pages, along with database level items like references and
relationships in databases protected by a password.
- You can now compare identically named databases in the same
directory with file extensions for database preparation files
different for MDB and MDE databases. The new extensions are DDB
and DDE respectively.
- During object selection, Relations are listed as a separate
object that can be included in or excluded from comparison.
- These new reports are available:
- Objects with Differences: Shows objects along
with their number of properties and code differences
that were detected.
- Identical Objects in Both Databases: This report
shows objects selected for comparison without
- Previous versions showed a separate Data Differences report
for each pair of tables. This version consolidates Data
Differences data into one report.
- The Data Differences reports show new/modified records for
keyed tables, or the first changed record between non-keyed
- Report headers display the date and time that the comparison
was created (previous versions showed the date and time that the
report was printed).
- Report footers display "Page N of M."
Version 9.01.0007 includes the following enhancements:
- Eliminated licensing conflicts in certain international languages
- Performance improvements for non-replicated databases.
- When comparing table properties, GUIDS and NameMap properties are
no longer compared, since differences in these objects do not affect
your database. This improves performance, and makes it easier to
view important differences between table properties.
- Report footers are enhanced with a border, making them easier to
- Table comparison of tables with multiple field Primary Keys are
correctly handled if one of the fields has a null value.
- Problems with Data Differences report have been resolved.
- Total Access Detective always opens using the correct
version of Microsoft Access. This is accomplished using
Total Access Startup, also available from FMS.
- Supports databases containing the . or ! character.
- Report menu enhanced with Select All and Clear All
- New report called "Objects in both databases with
differences" shows the objects with differences, and the
number of differences in each.
- Problems with "Objects with Differences" report
- Long database paths are shown without truncating them in
- While viewing object differences, filter problems are
- Microsoft Access closes after you close Total Access
Patches are for registered users only and subject to the product licensing terms.
You may not re-distribute them without express written permission from FMS, Inc.