Total Access Detective Version 10.0 Update for Microsoft Access 2002
FMS no longer provides new updates for Total Access Detective 2002,
version 10.0. We strongly recommend that you
The latest update for Total Access
Detective 2002, version 10.0 is:
10.02.0017 (September 28, 2005)
This update is available free of charge to registered owners of
Total Access Detective 2002, version 10.0. The existing version must
already be installed.
Notification and download instructions for receiving the patch
were emailed to registered owners. If you did not receive
contact us so we can update your information.
New 10.7 Version
The current version of Total Access Detective 2002 is
version 10.7, which includes many new features and
Version 10.7 is available for free to premium support
subscribers. Non-subscribers can upgrade
This update includes the following bug fixes and enhancements:
- Resolves all known issues in previous versions of the product.
- Includes a new report to show a list of selected objects.
- Has improved performance for comparison of linked tables.
Important Note about Comparing Linked Tables
When comparing table properties for linked tables, Total Access Detective compares the tables in the
back end database (where the tables are linked from) rather than in the front end database (where
Detective is running). This significantly increases performance, however if the field
properties have been changed in the front end database, Total Access Detective will not detect these differences.
In addition to this update patch, we have released a major update for Total
Access Detective for Access 2002. Version 10.5 is available to current Total
Access Detective owners for a small upgrade fee, and introduces many new
features and enhancements, including:
Object and Database Comparison
- When viewing data comparison results, you can now combine the data into a new table and specify which table’s records to retrieve.
- Data Comparison results can be filtered by difference type to show only a subset of data.
- Access Data Projects (ADP and ADE files) can be compared.
These new reports are available:
- Database Comparison Summary: Provides an overview of the difference between two databases.
- Data Differences Summary: For each keyed table with data differences, shows the number of new vs. modified records, and a
list of non-keyed tables with data differences.
To learn more about the latest version of Total Access Detective 2002, visit the main
Total Access Detective page or contact us at
Version 10.02.0017 includes the fixes and enhancements made in prior updates for the product.
Version 10.02.0011 includes the following enhancements:
Object and Database Comparison
- Total Access Detective finds differences in Conditional Formatting properties. Conditional formatting allows you to
format the contents of a control in a form or report based on one or more conditions.
- Total Access Detective finds differences in capitalization in table data and in object properties.
- Updated help file is provided.
- Object comparison results can be exported to a table in a separate database.
- Object Difference comparison results can be filtered by object and property.
- Previous versions of Total Access Detective did not support comparison of password-protected databases. This version
supports comparison of tables, queries, modules, and data access pages, along with database level items like references and
relationships in databases protected by a password.
- You can now compare identically named databases in the same directory with file extensions for database preparation files
different for MDB and MDE databases. The new extensions are DDB and DDE respectively.
- During object selection, Relations are listed as a separate object that can be included in or excluded from comparison.
- These new reports are available:
Objects with Differences: Shows objects along with
their number of properties and code differences that
Identical Objects in Both Databases: This report
shows objects selected for comparison without
- Previous versions showed a separate Data Differences report for each pair of tables. This version
consolidates Data Differences data into one report.
- The Data Differences reports show new/modified records for keyed tables, or the first changed record
between non-keyed tables.
- Report headers display the date and time that the comparison was created (previous versions showed the
date and time that the report was printed).
- Report footers display "Page N of M."
Version 10.01.0007 includes the following enhancements:
- Eliminated licensing conflicts in certain international languages settings.
- Performance improvements for non-replicated databases.
- When comparing table properties, GUIDS and NameMap properties are no longer compared, since differences in these objects do
not affect your database. This improves performance, and makes it easier to view important differences between table properties.
- Report footers are enhanced with a border, making them easier to read.
- Table Comparison Enhancements:
- Multiple field Primary Keys are correctly handled if one of the fields has a null value.
- Memo field comparisons have the option to show all differences, truncate it to 255 characters, or show no
differences. Previously it would always show the results as "1:Memo 2:Memo".
- Problems with Data Differences report are resolved.
- Database version handled to resolve a "type mismatch" error in languages that use non US English regional settings.
- Total Access Detective always opens using the correct version of Microsoft Access. This is accomplished using
Total Access Startup, also available from FMS.
- Supports databases containing the . or ! Character.
- Report menu enhanced with Select All and Clear All buttons.
- New report called "Objects in both databases with differences"
shows the objects with differences, and the number of differences in each.
- Problems with "Objects with Differences" report are resolved.
- Long database paths are shown without truncating them in report headers.
- While viewing object differences, filter problems are resolved.
- Export button added for all result screens.
- Data Access Pages are now a part of the Prepare for databases to properly show differences in the InnerHTML property.
- Fixed the counting of Macro and Module differences.
- Traps selection of a pre-Access 2000 database for comparison.
- Hidden property is now shown as a difference for Forms, Reports, and DAPs.
- Microsoft Access closes after you close Total Access Detective.
- Hidden property is now shown as a difference for the following objects: Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports, and DAPs.
Macros, Modules and Command bars do not show the Hidden property
as a difference.
- Name property is no longer being shown as a difference for Form, Report, and DAP comparisons.
Patches are for registered users only and subject to the product licensing terms.
You may not re-distribute them without express written permission from FMS, Inc.