FMS Career Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. FMS, Inc. is an award winning Microsoft Certified Partner located in Tysons Corner, Virginia (near Washington,
DC). Established in 1986, we are a leading creator of Microsoft developer tools, and offer custom application development services to a wide range of clients across the region, country, and
internationally. We were recognized as an SD Times 100 firm (the world's 100 top most innovative software firms) and have 50,000+ customers in over 100 countries.
Establishing a Stable Career
Conservatively run and financially solid, we've experienced and survived multiple technology cycles for several decades. We foster an intimate
environment where you can grow professionally and personally. Create great IT solutions that impact our clients' missions while supporting a lifestyle
that's sustainable long-term. Our management team are all technical experts and understand the challenges software developers face.
Professional Work Environment: Offices Not Cubicles
At FMS, we provide a development environment that fosters quality software development. We know what is necessary to foster concentration and
creativity. We don't have cubicles. We have offices; most with nice views from our 11th floor windows overlooking Tysons Corner to Washington DC.
This job is at our headquarters in Tysons Corner, VA, across the street from the Tysons Corner Mall. We have free covered parking and are a 10 minute walk from the Tysons Corner metro stop.
We are seeking ONE full-time Visual Studio .NET C# Developer to work from our headquarters in Tysons Corner. This is an opportunity to collaborate directly with our senior personnel.
What the Job Is
- Work with our development team and users to create innovative web-based applications (commercial and government clients)
- Contribute to architectural designs with other senior and lead developers.
- Collaborate with teams, peers and others to ensure understanding of shared responsibility and deliverables to meet the schedule and business objectives.
- Serve as a technical resource for others on their team or to partners within other business units.
- Coordinate external and internal development efforts including code reviews, code merge and overall build management.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or related experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Design and implementation of systems with high availability, reliability, and overall performance.
- Established track record of building intuitive, web sites for the general public and/or internal B2B solutions
- Experience working in a team environment using source control systems such as TFS, GitHub, SVN, or equivalent
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong communications skills to ask and understand what users and team members need. Experience in a consulting environment a plus.
- A commitment to continuous learning and delivering quality results is a must. You need to really care about getting things right so that it works today and can be supported over time in a team environment.
Additional Desirable Skills
- Experience developing applications with Microsoft SQL Server, writing stored procedures, database design, optimization and administration
- Experience deploying applications to Microsoft Azure
- Agile software development methodology
- KnockoutJS or Bootstrap
What the Job Isn't
- Telecommuting is not an option
- This is not staff augmentation. This is a professional software developer position in our headquarters with our technical development team. Travel is limited barring special circumstances.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com along with:
- What you're most proud of creating with Visual Studio .NET and related technologies
- What you're seeking with FMS. We want this to be a win-win relationship.
- Date you are available to join our team
- Citizenship or visa status
- Your salary requirements
Salary commensurate with experience. Job benefits include health and disability insurance, vacation, sick leave, 401(k), etc.
Principals only, please.
Thank you for your interest!