Automate and Schedule Repetitive Microsoft Access and Jet Engine Database Chores!
New Version for Microsoft Access 2016 and Earlier
- Supports Microsoft Access 2016
- Supports Windows 8 and 10
- Does Not Require Access to be Installed on your PC
- Database Lock Error Identifies Offending Machines
- Activity Log is Separated from Settings Database
- Activity Log Shows Duration of Each Activity
- Email Notifications Support TLS and Office365 SMTP
- Tasks are Not Run at the End of an Event Interval
- Enabled/Disabled Status Shown on the Event Form
- More Robust Windows Service Feature
- Improved Monitor Settings Tab
- Default Location of Archive and Extract Folders Moved
- Improved Setup Program
- New user manual and help file
Microsoft Access Database Maintenance
So you've successfully deployed your Microsoft Access database application and people are happily using it.
Don't rest yet! System Administration tasks are just beginning.
Performing the Database Maintenance Tasks Microsoft Access
Requires on a Regular Basis?
Whether your application is written in MS Access,
VB6, C++, or Visual Studio .NET, if you rely on Access/Jet Engine
(*.ACCDB or *.MDB) databases, you need to periodically compact and repair
them for optimal performance, recover unused disk space, and prevent data
corruption. For more
information, read the Microsoft
keeping Microsoft Access databases in top condition.
Agent automates database compacts, makes backups (copy and zip),
runs macros, collects database statistics, and performs other scheduled tasks to simplify these
repetitive chores. Make sure these critical tasks are performed
before disaster strikes.
Schedule It and Forget It!
Total Visual Agent lets you easily schedule and execute the
repetitive tasks your databases need. Schedule a wide range of tasks and
run them in a fully automated and audited manner. Set start times and
end times, and receive emails if anything goes wrong. For extra
security, Total Visual Agent can run as a Windows Service, so it can run
without a user and recover from crashes.
Total Visual Agent is a
system administrator's dream! (PC Week)
Easily Define and Manage Events, Tasks, Databases and Folders
What Total Visual Agent Does for You
- Do you neglect maintenance tasks that are important
for keeping your databases healthy?
- Are you tired of spending every Monday or the first
of the month manually running Access reports or macros?
Wouldn't it be nice if the reports were just waiting for you when
you showed up at work?
- Do you forget to run end of day routines to send
information or download data for the next day?
- Would you like an easy to use system to run your
tasks on a schedule?
If so, you need Total Visual Agent. Total Visual Agent lets you define and schedule these tasks for a
specific database or a drive/folder full of databases:
- Archive backup copies of your databases with the option to compress (zip) them. Keep up to 99 rolling versions of them.
- Compact and repair your databases
- Run any Windows command line
- Collect database statistics like record counts and database size to monitor usage
- Launch Access and run your macro which can do things like print reports, download data, export information, and run your custom VBA code
- Create a copy of your critical data for all or specified tables in your database when you don't want or need to copy the entire database
Define Your Own Schedules
Total Visual Agent lets you schedule and automatically perform these tasks every specified number of minutes, once per hour, daily, weekly, monthly, or at a specific time in the future.
Perform your daily chores in the middle of the night! You can even back up data while users are in the database (ideal for 24/7 environments) or
execute your own custom code such as printing reports or data uploads and downloads.
Hourly Schedules: Once Per Hour Options
Hourly Schedules: Every X Minutes Options
Daily Schedule Options
Weekly Schedule Options
Monthly Schedule Options
One Time Schedule Options
Manage an Unlimited Number of Databases
Total Visual Agent manages an unlimited number of Access/Jet Engine databases across your network. Install
it on a PC that can see the databases you want to manage. It can even run as a Windows Service to provide extra security and
automatically restart if your PC goes down.
The Manager portion lets you specify your events:
- Create hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or one time events
- Set the start time
- Specify an optional end time if you want to stop the tasks by a certain time.
For instance, you can make sure all the backups are done by 5 AM. If the deadline is hit, an email notifies you so you can adjust your tasks and events.
Define the tasks to execute:
- Select databases and the tasks to perform on them
- Specify a folder and the tasks to perform on all the databases/files there (including sub-directories)
- Create a Task Group (a set of tasks you want to perform) and assign the databases or folders you want the tasks applied. This makes it
easy to change the set of tasks you want to apply against multiple databases.
When the time arrives, Total Visual Agent performs its tasks, then goes back to "sleep" to await the next event.
Total Visual Agent supports secured databases and lets you assign the security workgroups, user name, and passwords necessary to perform the tasks you need.
Audit Trail of Activities
Total Visual Agent offers a professional solution to ensure your Access/Jet databases perform optimally and are administered properly over time.
A complete audit trail is maintained in a table for every task performed. The data is stored in an Access database with reports that you can use.
Run as a Windows Service
Total Visual Agent can run as a standard Windows program or as a "hidden" Windows Service. The service runs even without a user logged on to the computer, providing increased security and
automated restart if the machine crashes. Simply schedule the tasks you want, and let Total Visual Agent take care of it forever. Visit Run as a Windows Service for details.
Email Notifications of Problems
If an error occurs, an email is automatically sent to alert the system administrator. System administrators also appreciate the ability to specify a cut-off time for tasks to be completed.
This ensures that as your databases grow and your tasks require more time to complete, Total Visual Agent never interferes with your business needs and alerts you if it runs out of time to finish.
Easily customize the message to email via SMTP. The latest version includes Transport Layer Security (TLS) to work with Office365's SMTP server:
Email Alert Settings with SMTP Support for Office365
Support Multiple Versions of Microsoft Access
Total Visual Agent 2016 is our latest version supporting MS Access 2016 and all prior Access database formats:
- Microsoft Access 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, 97, 95, 2.0, 1.1, and 1.0
- Jet Databases and Access Data Projects (ACCDBs, MDBs, ADPs)
- Jet Engine 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, and 2.0
- Visual Basic 6.0, 5.0, and 4.0
Unless you want to run Access database macros or manage ADPs, your PC does not need to have Access installed for Total Visual Agent to perform its tasks.
Total Visual Agent 2003 is available for supporting all Access database formats from Access 2003 and before (no ACCDB database format). For more details, visit our FAQ to
decide which version is right for you.